Course Name: Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) Entrance Based only
1 Written Test 60 Marks
2 Sports Proficiency Awards 40 Marks
Eligibility Criteria for B.P.Ed. - 2 year (Four Semester course) eligibility
(as per NCTE Regulations 2014 & Norms & Standards as downloaded and checked on 16.03.2020 from NCTE Website)
(as appendix 7 vide page no. 130 Gazette of India (Part III, Sec -4).
A. Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in Inter College/Inter-zonal/District/ School competition in sports & Games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India. OR
B. Bachelor's degree in physical education with 45% marks. OR
C. Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied physical education as compulsory elective subject. OR
D. Bachelor's degree with 45% marks and having participated in National/Inter University/ State Competition or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter College/Inter Zonal/District/ School competition in sports games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/ Govt. of India OR
E. Bachelor's degree with participation in international competition or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in National/Inter University competition in sports and game as recognized by respective federations /AIU/IOA/SGFI/ Govt. of India OR
F. Graduation with 45% marks and at least 3 years of teaching experience (for deputed in service
candidate) i.e. trained physical education teachers/coaches).
1. It is essential for every applicant to appear in all the Admission Criteria Components (Entrance Written Test and uploading of the Sports proficiency) in order to be considered for final admission to the course.
2. Absence from appearing in any admission criteria components will result in to the cancellation of the application and such applicant shall not be eligible to take up the subsequent test component.
3. Candidates to upload Medical Certificate
from Government Hospital/ Primary Health Centre (The format of the certificate can be downloaded from the website of the Department: (www.dudpess.du.ac.in)
4. Candidates to upload Highest Sports Achievement Certificate along with supporting certificate.
5. Candidates to upload Self-Declaration Certificate:
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
'I hereby affirm that I am not suffering from any deformity/disability.
I understand that in case, during the medical examination conducted by the institute's or any other registered medical doctor is found to be false my admission is liable to be canceled'
6. Syllabus - B.P.Ed & M. P. Ed
- The syllabus for Entrance Written Test can be downloaded from the Website of the Department: www.dudpess.du.ac.in
7. Incase, of any discrepancy arising during the admission process the Admission Committee should seek prior approval from the HOD.
8. The number of candidates to be considered for sports proficiency award after entrance test will be equivalent to Five times the number of sanctioned seats/intake in each category (Gen, OBC, SC, ST, CWAP & EWS) for B.P.Ed.
Syllabus - B.P.Ed & M. P. Ed