To start with, Dr. J. S. Naruka, Director, Physical Education of Delhi University Sports Council was appointed as officer on
Special Duty (OSD) to perform the duties of the Principal w.e.f. 3rd August, 1987. The Institute started its working from the
premises of Chhattrasal Stadium Model Town to at Ludlow Castle Sports Complex, Sham Nath Marg, Delhi (1987 to 1990).
The Institute was shifted to present premises in the years 1990.
- Dr.(Mrs.) Kiran Sandhu worked as Officiating Principal from August, 1990 to March, 1991.
- Dr. D. K. Kansal was appointed the first Principal of the institute on regular basis in 8th March 1991 and retired on 31st August 2015 in between
- Dr. Dhananjoy Shaw served as Officiating Principal from 30.05.2013 to October, 2013.
- Dr. Dhananjoy Shaw served as Officiating Principal Officiating from 1st September, 2015 to 7th May 2021
- At Present Dr. Sandeep Tiwari is Joined as a Acting Principal from 8th May 2021 onwards.
1. Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports - B.Sc. (P.E.,H.E. & S.) : August, 1987
2. Bachelor of Physical Education - B.P.Ed. : August, 1990
3. Master of Physical Education - M.P.Ed. : July, 1994
4. Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education(Dept. of Phy.Edu.S.S. Delhi University)-Ph.D. : 2004 onward