Vision and Mission
Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences should be known in India & abroad for its excellence in producing competent Physical Education Teachers(DPEs & PETs),Fitness Counsellors(FCs),Health Promoters(HPs) & Promoters of GAMES & SPORTS. By 2014, IGIPESS should have the best programmes of teaching & research in Physical Education & Sports in the country.
- Starting of Refresher Courses/Orientation Programmes by 2014 (along with requisite infrastructure).
- Starting of Distance Education by multimedia like Dus Kadams programme by 2014 (along with necessary infrastructure development).
- Starting of Fitness, Exercise Food Prescription Centre by 2014 by creating requisite infrastructure.
- Setting of Courses updating centers and Application of Existing Knowledge Centre by 2014 by creating requisite infrastructure.
- Production of best teachers in Physical Education & Sports Sciences.
- Starting of Research Journal through Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences of the University of Delhi.
- Conduct of Utilitarian Research for the promotion of Health, Fitness, Wellness and Sports Sciences.
THE INSTITUTE'S MOTTOPhysical education for healthful living and promotion of sports.
MAIN GOALS OF I.G.I.P.E.S.S.
- Conduct of Self Financing Certificate Courses.
- Introduction of Self-Financing Add-on Courses.
- Conduct of M.Phil. course on Regular Basis.
- Starting of Part-Time M.Phil for Employed Teachers (Summer Courses)
- Introduction of Certificate Courses in Popular areas like Wellness, Health & Fitness, Management, Sports Journalism etc.
- Updating of Courses on Regular Basis.
- Introduction of scientific Methods of Talent Selection for Sports & Fitness Excellence.
- Preparing Norms & Standards of Health, Fitness & sports Excellence.
- Introduction of Fitness Competitional Procedures.
- Procurement of most relevant books for the library (for helping to locate best national and international books available for each paper of various courses).